(Image source from: cookindianfood.com)
Paneer and Corn Korma is a tasty and a perfect Indian dish which goes well with any Indian bread. This dish has an amazing flavor, creamy texture, and also has a wonderful taste. This dish is perfect for vegetarian and perfect for any special occasion. Try this delicious dish at your home and surprise your family members.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
For The Coconut Paste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 8 cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1”) cubes
- 3/4 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 5 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 cup beaten fresh curd (dahi)
For The Garnish
- A sprig of coriander (dhania)
For the coconut paste
1. Heat a broad, non-stick pan pan, add the coconut and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it turns light brown in color and stir continuously.
2. Add the poppy seeds and cashew nuts and dry roast on a low flame for a minute and stir continuously and keep it aside to cool slightly.
3. Transfer the coconut mixture in a blender and also add green chilies and a little water and blend to smooth paste and keep it aside.
How to proceed
4. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a broad, non-stick pan, add the paneer and fry on a medium flame till they turn light brown in color.
5. Drain it on a tissue paper and keep it aside.
6. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color and blend to a smooth paste by using a little water and keep it aside.
7. In a non-stick pan, add onion paste and coconut paste and fry it on a low flame for a few min.
8. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally and mash it well with a help of a potato masher.
9. Add the tomato puree and curds, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir once in between.
10. Add the sweet corn kernels and fried paneer, mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
11. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with a coriander sprig and serve it hot with paratha.
Nutrient values Per serving
- Energy 202 k cal
- Protein 5.9 gm
- Carbohydrate 11.9 gm
- Fat 14.9 gm
- Fiber 2.2 gm
- Calcium 180.4 mg