Rice cooked in milk to which sugar is added is the traditional South Indian dessert. It is usually a definite item in Indian families during festivals and special occasions. Let us make kheer more special this summer using our pride fruit, mango. Check out the recipe of Mango and Mint Kheer below.
Ingredients required for mango and mint kheer
Milk: 21/2 cups
Basmati rice: 1 cup
Powdered sugar: 3 tbsp
Almonds (chopped): 7-8
Mango puree: 1 cup
Raisins: 10 to 15
Mint leaves: bunch
Cardamom: 3 to 4
Cloves: 2 to 3
How to make Mango and Mint Kheer
1. Take a pan, add basmati rice, sugar, milk and stir.
2. Add saffron and stir gently.
3. As the mix gets boiled, add mango puree.
4. Add some mint leaves, raisins, and some almonds.
5. Stir it gently and cover the pan.
6. Allow the rice to cook on low flame.
7. Kheer becomes creamy and thick, one the rice gets cooked.
8. Add green cardomom.
9. Sprinkle some almonds.
10. Refrigerate and serve cool.